Monday, February 2, 2015

Sucker Punch

I slept horribly last night.  Tossing, turning, waking often.  I would wake from a light sleep and then remember what happened and be overcome by complete sadness.  The Seahawks lost in one of the most heartbreaking games I have ever seen.  It's not really the loss that sucks, it is the way that they lost. It was a big sucker punch to the gut.  Add to that all the horrible news Russ and I have been getting the last couple of days and you are left with two very depressed people. February and March are already pretty sad times for me, with the pain of losing my sister and her birthday and death anniversary. We have been dealt quite a few blows. It feels like our foundation is crumbling and soon we will be at the bottom of the hill in one big debris pile. :(  The only hope I can hold on to is that in 63 days, the Mariners start playing.  Right now we can only take 1 day at a time and pray for the best outcome.
God has been preparing me for some of these crises, so it hasn't hit me so hard.  The old Autumn would be wrecked right now (cue Miley song) but the new Autumn is holding it together, for now. I have no other choice but to be strong for my husband.  That is not to say that I am not scared for what is to come. *sigh. I am trying to stay still as the ebb and flows of life toss us around. Just one word left to say: pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment