Monday, October 11, 2010

The Good With The Bad

It would be completley unfair of me not to point out the good things from my last blog.  Sometimes it is easier to see the bad and complain then it is to see the good.  So here it goes:

The Coffee Maker: though it had to be replaced, I only spent $5 doing so.  I love coupons!!

The Microwave:  Our new one was a Christmas present last year, to replace our cracked one that may or may not have been leaking radiation.  Even though it technically still worked I wasn't going to wait to start glowing green to find out for sure. :)

Our Washer:  Is about 15-25 years old.  Which in appliance years is a miracle.  It only has one cycle and the water is either scalding hot or freezing cold, but right now it gets the job done.  So when it does die I will not be upset because she lived a nice, long life.

Our Oven:  It is even older then the washer.  It is going on 40 plus years!!  It was obviously made back in a time when they cared about the products they were producing.  It isn't like nowadays where your lucky if it lasts 5 years. Plus she has cooked some delicious dinners over those last 40 years! :)

The Refrigerator:  It is going on 10 years.  All of these appliances have more then exceeded their expected life expectancy.  So when it comes time to replace them then it won't be too much of a shock.  I just ask that they don't all stop working at the same time.  I don't think that is too much to ask. :)

The Car Battery:  Assuming that the battery is the one that the car started out with, it lasted the usual 6 years, which is great for a car battery.  I am thankful that we have a car that fits all our family, and for the most part has been very reliable.

Our Medical Bills:  I hate medical bills.  But there is some good from them.  We have insurance and even though it still feels like we pay more with insurance then people without, I am grateful for our insurance.  We also have peace of mind.  I would rather pay for unnecessary or preventitive procedures then have a sick family member.  I am very thankful for our family's health.

I guess the point that I am trying to make is that even on your darkest day there is something to be thankful for.  It may not seem like it at the time, but if you stop and actually look for it, you might find it.  The Lord has  blessed us beyond our comprehension.  I am thankful for every single moment I have with my family.  God is good all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment