Having 4 kids in less than 3 years brings a lot of excitement, chaos, fun and love. Welcome to our life!
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I'm No Good.....
at making decisions. I have spent the last few days doing heavy research on "red-shirting", private schools, home-schooling and online school. I am no closer to a decision than I was before I did the research. I got opinions of a school principle and 3 kindergarten teachers and I emailed Margaret Scott to see their stance on holding summer babies back. They all seem to come to the same conclusion, she is a girl and she will be fine. Which means we will have this same discussion in 2 years when the twins turn 5. Everyone acts like they have all the answers and the method of schooling they chose was the best. Home-schoolers wouldn't dare send their kids to a (gasp) public school and public school parents would never dare (gasp) home-school. I know we have to do what is best for our family, the problem is I don't know what is best and I don't think I ever will. No matter what decision I make, I will probably regret it or second guess myself. Margaret Scott's Kindergarten is half-day, so that is a pro. The con is that it is a public school and ever since Bush passed the "no kid left behind" law, kids are slipping through the crack. My mom said that her school has 3rd graders that don't know how to read, but they will never be held back to catch up because of the stupid law. And there is the budget cut crap. They are cutting assistants that help these kids catch up and help the teachers. There are also like 30+ kids in each class. *sigh I guess I should start playing the lottery so I can afford to send 4 kids to a private Christian school. At this point we could afford to send Aurora to private school, but then in 2 years the boys would be entering the work force and that triples the cost and Landon is the year after that. Even at the cheapest school that would be about $15,000 a year for 4 kids and that would be with a multiple kid discount. That is about half of Russ' income! *sigh The clock is ticking and I am running out of time. I am aware that I will look back on this and laugh that I stressed about this decision. I guess this means that I care about my kids and want what is best for them, when someone figures out what that is, please let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment