Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Quick Update

Russ has been on overtime for the past 3 weeks, so not much is going on around here.  Boyd's is landing new accounts and things are looking up for the company.  It is probably getting to the point where they will have to start hiring to keep up with the demand.  They have also hired everyone back that was laid off last year.  Russ has been working hard and I know that this overtime is hard on him, but he still comes home and helps me as much as he can. 

I haven't made any decisions regarding Aurora's schooling yet.  I think Russ and I are leaning towards "red-shirting" her this year and just letting her be a kid.  Once you enter school there is no turning back! :) I registered for a home-schooling conference to gain as much information as possible.  So we will see if that leads us anywhere.  She is having a blast in her swimming lessons.  It was the first time she was ever in a big pool like that and the first day she jumped right in and listened to the teacher.  I had a proud Mommy moment last night when the other 3 kids in her class were goofing off and not listening to the teacher.  Aurora listened and did everything the teacher told her to the T.  It has been stressful but I think we have raised a wonderful young lady, the others are TBD. :) 

Wyatt has been on a rampage around here.  He is getting out of his crib and getting in to EVERYTHING!  He pulls wipes out of containers, he pulls clothes out of drawers and one night he even went in to the garage!  Yesterday we had a heart-stopping moment when I heard a loud crash and ran in to their play room to find the tv on the ground. Thank God none of the kids were hurt and the TV didn't break.  I think it may have scared him enough to not do it again.  Wyatt is pretty much the definition of a boy.  He wants to climb every tree he sees and wrestle every kid he comes across.  I'm not sure if I am prepared for this! :)

Trevor (excuse me) Peter Parker is doing well.  He announced that he is Spider-man, blowing his secret identity! Everyday he wants us to call him either Peter Parker or some other character.  Then when you get use to calling him that name he does a 180 and says, "I'm Trevor Robert!"  They like Wild Kratts on PBS, so for about 2 days I had to call him and Wyatt, Chris and Martin. :)  I love the imagination they have!

Landon is busy being Landon!  He is starting to talk more and he wants to make sure his voice is heard.  He has turned in to a screamer and boy is he good at it.  He is spaced perfectly to where the second we break the twins of a habit, he picks it up!

The weather has been fantastic the last couple of days and we have taken full advantage!  We walk them up to school right by our house and let them loose.   I feel like we are letting dogs out of the house. :)  They are usually so exhausted by bedtime that they haven't been putting up much of a fight. 

Well that is what is going on here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment