I hate the word cancer. To me it is worse than a 4 letter word. It has cut short the lives of both my Grandma's. I have heard it destroy the lives of many around me. As soon as someone is diagnosed most doctors will give you an expiration date, so basically you walk around waiting to die. Your choices of treatment are usually surgery and then poisoning your entire body with chemo or radiation. When a family member is diagnosed, you yourself have a greater chance of getting cancer some day. And the best way to beat cancer is preventing cancer in the first place. Easier said then done. Males have a 1 in 2 chance of getting cancer in their lifetime, females a 1 in 3. Those aren't very good odds in my opinion. Basically a 50/50 shot and when you have family history you can guess what side the quarter will land on.
Cancer has once again come for someone I love. It has crept its evil, ugly head in to our lives. And I all I have to say is "screw you, cancer!"
No comments:
Post a Comment