Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days, Done

Today is day 30, that means Russ and I have gone 30 days without wheat or gluten.  And surprisingly it was pretty easy, after the first week.  The plan is to continue to avoid wheat and starting today we are avoiding sugar as well.  If you would have been here the last 2 days you would see why sugar is a drug!  Our kids were literally crawling the walls, throwing tantrums and running around like crazy.  The last two nights, Wyatt didn't settle down until well after midnight.  I dare anyone who doesn't think sugar is a drug to come over here on Halloween night.  Our kids don't eat processed sugar often, but when they do, watch out!  So we are banning it until Thanksgiving.  I would much rather see them act crazy a night or two, then the whole year.  So all the candy is gone and hopefully the calm will return to the house soon. 
After 30 days of being wheat free, I am convinced this house is better off.  We can still have pizza, bread and chocolate cake.  We aren't really missing out on anything.  Will I let my kids eat regular pizza again, probably.  I'm not going to be a fanatic, but I would like to be able to chose when they receive this stuff so I can be prepared for the aftermath. 
Of course in the last couple of weeks, this gluten free "diet-craze" has started and I am certain that Russ and I start every new craze! :)  We do everything before it is cool and then we just become one of the pack when it hits mainstream.  We are working toward a more paleo lifestyle, which if you haven't heard of the paleo diet, you will shortly.  It is the new "thing" that I have researched way before it became popular.  Just remember when Ron Paul becomes the next President, Russ was on his bandwagon in 2007 and me shortly after, when he was laughed at and ridiculed.  Oh yeah, we are trendsetters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment