We are on day 22 of our gluten experiment. Some good things have happened and some bad things have happened. Russ is feeling good and shrinking away. :) I on the other hand have actually gained weight (according to the Wii). I have replaced gluten with sugar and corn products, not good for me. So we are going to finish out our 30 days and probably keep going with the gluten free route, but we will eliminate corn and sugar until Thanksgiving for fun. I feel good, though! And that is more important than a number on a scale. I don't eat as much, so there must be something to the wheat causing hunger. We have had less tantrums from the kids, which is great! They are only on day 20 and besides Aurora, don't miss wheat. Aurora will ask why she can't have a bun, or tortilla but it doesn't last long. I have discovered that it would be very difficult if one of the kiddos was an actual celiac. You have to worry about cross contamination and pretty much wouldn't be able to eat out, ever. I am thankful that we are choosing to do this experiment and not forced in to it by an actual disease. I am pretty sure that Russ would be considered gluten sensitive and we are afraid to see what a little wheat could do to him.
We have also had no eczema outbreaks so far (knocking on wood). So there might be something to it. I think we are on the right track, we just took the long way. Your odds of getting cancer is 50/50. It used to be 20%. Why the difference? My belief is the answer lies in our food. Most food eaten today is genetically modified and has no nutrition. It is not a coincidence that people who go on juice fasts are able to reverse most disease, including cancer. God gave us the food we need, with just the right amount of vitamins and minerals. So why are we not eating them? We have taken perfectly good food and processed the heck out of it and expect to thrive. I figure if I can instill good eating habits while they are young, they won't stray too far when they are on their own. Assuming they will have the choice. I am now stepping of my soapbox. :) More for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment