We have found a right fit for Aurora, for now. I pulled her out of Margaret Scott and enrolled her at Fairview Elementary, where my Mom works. It has seriously been a complete 180 from MS. The whole environment is different, it is calm and it just feels like how a school should feel. Scott had all 350 plus kids waiting in the cafeteria for 15 minutes before school started. It was loud, the kids were rambunctious and I witnessed a whole bunch of things that should not be going on in a school. It wasn't until 7:45, the time school is suppose to start, that the teacher came and got the kids from the cafeteria. So essentially they were wasting about 5-8 minutes of the school day by doing this. The kids should be in their seats and ready for roll call at 7:45. I stuck it out as long as I could stomach it, but Aurora wasn't getting better at going to school every morning. She wasn't allowing me to drop her off in the cafeteria and leave. She needed me to take her to her class everyday. There were also some other issues with some of the kids in her class as well. Basically I am not happy with the way the school is being run, so we went with plan B. I already filled out all the paperwork to enroll Aurora at Fairview in April and she was accepted. So Aurora has been at Fairview for the past 3 weeks. She loves it! She actually loves getting up early. She loves her teacher and she really just blended right in. She is more comfortable, she allows me to just drop her off, I am more comfortable, it just feels right! The best part, Russ gets to pick her up! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment