Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election 2012

Election day is finally here.  It has been a long drawn out battle over the last 2 years.  It doesn't matter who 'wins' tonight, it doesn't matter whether a D or an R are in the white house, we will have the same result.  The same wars, the same deficit, the same bad polices, the same Constitutional destruction.  We will also have to continue to put up with the bickering back and forth and the blame game between the two main parties.  There are no winners tonight.

I voted for Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate.  I do not agree with him on all issues, but at least he wants to defend the Constitution instead of using it as toilet paper. I know he doesn't have a chance of winning, I know that Romney or Obama will "win" tonight.  I am downright depressed that I didn't have the chance to vote for Ron Paul.  Yes, I could technically write him in on my ballot, but I wanted to give a third party a fighting chance next election.  If they receive 5% of the popular vote they will get some money.  Money is what makes the political world go round.  Don't worry the money that they would receive is the money that people "donate" while they are doing their taxes. So technically they aren't receiving federal funds, which would be a big libertarian no-no. 

Most people vote for the lesser of two evils and each party thinks their candidate is the lesser.  In this election I am surprised to find myself thinking that Obama might actually be the lesser of the two evils.  Big shocker, huh?  Obama is a Muslim loving, anti-christian, socialist, right?  Well Romney scares me even more.  He may be a 'republican' and claim to be against abortion and gay marriage, but he is also a follower of a cult.  You might not see it that way, but I do.  Not only is he a follower of a cult, he is a influential, prominent leader of this cult.  He is following a false prophet.  Joseph Smith actually had a prophecy that Mitt is hoping to fulfill by becoming President.  The Mormons are excited for the election because it would mean the "white horse prophecy" could be coming true.  We all know how dangerous people can be if they believe they are fulfilling some sort of prophecy.  Click here to see what the White Horse Prophecy is. 
I pray that I am wrong, and I will admit that I will have to be wrong about something eventually. :)  No matter the outcome of this election I am certain we are in for a bumpy ride.

After immersing myself in all of this election junk I am thinking maybe, just maybe, Christians shouldn't be involved in this voting crap.  There is never truly a candidate that you can vote for that will be justifiable to God.  Though Ron Paul was as close as you could get.  Government is corrupt and ruled by money.  They are worshipers of money and most people running for President are lovers of money.  The Government will also never be able to 'save' us from anything.  You can't rely on Government, they are one bad check away from total destruction.  You can't expect Government to run to your rescue every time you are in trouble. Why should we waste our time complaining about elected officials?  There is only one man who you can rely on to rescue you and save you and that is Jesus Christ.  I am putting my full faith and trust in the man that will always be there when I need Him.  Jesus Christ is my President and I trust that He knows exactly what He is doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment