Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tasty!

It has been a month since I started restarted my healthy lifestyle.  It has been filled with ups and downs, but the good news is that it is mostly ups.  While I am not focusing on weight I did weigh myself.  I am down 6lbs from a month ago, while not great, it is a victory.  My clothes are fitting better and I just feel better overall, which is what I was going for.  I have tried some new foods and retrained my taste-buds.  On Sunday we had Red Robin for dinner and the honey mustard dressing that I usually can't get enough of, tasted like chemicals and I did not eat it.  That is totally crazy!  We had a cake and I found it way too rich and only had one piece, not the normal 5 or 6. :)  I also only had 2 scoops of ice cream, another victory! I am also not really craving the crappy foods, which means I am either sick or found something that works for me.  I still tend to overeat and not stop when I am full.  Just something to keep working on. 
Nothing is off limits, I am just making better choices.  Maybe that is the key.  My brain was wired to stay away from the bad foods and then I would go on a binge and tell myself I would start a new diet tomorrow.  I am choosing not to eat the crap that the government calls food, but I am not avoiding it or rewarding myself with it.  If the current trend keeps up, I may find this food as disgusting as the ingredients.
I have a long way to go.  I have years and years of toxic fat stored up in my body.  It's not easy to get rid of it.  I want to do this the healthy way, I want it to be a lifestyle.

Some new foods I have tried:  Hemp protein.  When I opened the jar and smelled it, I thought it was going to be horrible, but mixed in a smoothie, I could barely taste the earthy flavor.
Grapefruit:  I have had grapefruits before, but avoided them.  I am trying to retrain my taste-buds to like them.  So far I can stand them, in a smoothie. :)  Eventually I may be able to eat a grapefruit by itself.

On the movement front, I have been pretty good about doing Dance Central most days.  It is a way to trick my body into moving while having fun.  It is also good for my aging brain.  The first day I did it, after a little hiatus, I was so sore.  It made me feel like an old person and reminded me that I need to move my money maker if I want to be able to use it as I age. 

Today I am celebrating my victories and learning from my mistakes.  It's a journey and I am just trying to sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment