Having 4 kids in less than 3 years brings a lot of excitement, chaos, fun and love. Welcome to our life!
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
He Didn't Have To Be
I am going to take a few minutes to brag about my Daddy for a moment. This song reminds me so much of my Daddy and always makes me tear up. My Dad became a Dad when he didn't have to. He went from a young single man, to a man with an instant family. When my Mom's first husband Tom, who was her high school sweetheart, died tragically in a car accident, she was left as a single mom with 2 babies. Brandon was 4 and Amber was 2. I can not even imagine. My Dad was a typical 70's guy. Long hair, no cares in the world, awesome taste in music, but he gave that all up (except the great taste in music) to become a father. He could have said no, he could have ran away, but he didn't. Because my Dad said yes, I am here. My Dad legally adopted my brother and sister and I was born a year after they got married and as they say, the rest is history. Thank you Dad for being a fantastic Dad when you didn't have to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment