There is a big decision that needs to be made by September, preferably sooner. It is seriously eating me apart. Come September, Aurora will be able to attend Kindergarten at Margaret Scott. I would be lying if I said this whole home-school thing has been easy. I am having a hard time with time management. Not only do I have 3 little ones to look after, I have a house that needs to be cleaned, dishes that need to be washed, laundry that needs to be done and 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and a dinner for 6 that need to be made. It is time consuming to the point that I haven't had much, if any time, to "teach" in the formal sense. Aurora still is learning, but we are using alternative methods, like helping me cook, watching LeapFrog videos and teaching her brothers how to count and identify colors. We haven't set down for a formal lesson in months and that right there has me re-thinking this whole home-school thing. If I can't find time for it now, will I be able to give my children the attention they need? Am I taking on too much? Am I freaking crazy? :) I literally go back and forth with a decision and then something will change my mind. I have prayed and prayed and prayed for an answer, but I haven't gotten one yet. Russ has left the decision up to me, so I feel all the weight on my shoulders. It also hasn't helped that the comments and suggestions I have been receiving about home-schooling have been on the negative side. But honestly these people haven't liked one decision I have ever made in my life, so why start now?
I just feel so lost. I feel like this could be the most important decision that I ever make and my kids are counting on me to make the right one for them. I understand that legally kids don't need to be enrolled in school until they are 7, so I could take a few more years to make the decision, but what if she gets so far behind? What is the harm in letting her "try" school for a year, especially since it is half-days? I don't know, all I know is that the decision will be made, eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment