Today I got a wild hair and started going through boxes in our room. We had a few good laughs when we read a few notes from when we were younger. Then I found the letters that my sister got when she was at outdoor school in the 6th grade. I was 6 and I wrote her a letter and it would seem that all I wanted to know about was the food, go figure! :) My parents wrote her a letter but she actually wrote "return to sender" on the letter and sent it back. That's my sister for ya! I could totally see Aurora doing that some day. The last letter I read was from my Grandma. She wrote about how she misses seeing Amber walking home from school from her bedroom window. She did that for all of us that went to Margaret Scott. She wrote about how anxious she was to see her every day and that some kids aren't so lucky, that they went home to empty houses. Then she told her to not forget her "Dear God" which is a special bedtime prayer that my Grandma taught all of us kids. As I read this I felt like I was looking in a window to Heaven. I imagined the reunion they must have had the day my Grandma died and I cried happy tears. It truly is an amazing feeling, knowing that I will be reunited with them one day!


No comments:
Post a Comment