Saturday, March 26, 2011

Two Pees in the Pot



I have already posted this song on our blog, but I have a story to go along with it.  So I had to re-post it.  Tonight we did a potty session with the boys.  Even Landon joined in.  So for 1 hour we let the boys run around the kitchen naked.  Trevor peed on the floor right off the bat and I showed him where to do it next time.  About 20 minutes later he sat down and did his potty!  Right now we only have one potty chair, so I had them alternate.  Trevor said he had to go again, but Wyatt took too long to get up and Trevor started wetting on the floor.  We got about half of it in the potty.  Wyatt was very stubborn and didn't go until the very end, but it was all in the potty.  We had to play some Michael Jackson and Metallica to give him some inspiration. :)  So our first session was a success.  We put them to bed and this Brad Paisley song came on.  I can usually listen to the song just fine, but today when it came to the part about the years flying by, I completely lost it and started bawling and told Russ I was going to lose it when the kids leave.  Russ said, in typical man fashion, "Isn't the point to raise them and get them out of the house?"  I think he may be watching too much of The Cosby Show on netflix. :) I know I need to focus on potty training these two before I worry about them leaving, but I am a mom and I can't help it.  The years really do fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment