Shortly after my sister died I was reading a book in my parents bed and fell asleep. It was then that I had a dream that I will remember for the rest of my life. Coincidentally the last time I talked to my sister was in that very room. In my dream I was at my Grandparent's house (our current house). I was sitting at the kitchen table and my sister just drove up the driveway, came in to the house, sat down on a chair and started blabbing away. Which is exactly what my sister would have done. :) She started telling me about Heaven. I don't remember every little detail but I remember her saying how wonderful it was and that there were lots of colors "almost too many colors." She went on the tell me other things, but the colors thing really stuck with me. About a year ago I came across a video of a young girl who said she has visited heaven and seen Jesus many times. Her paintings are exquisite. As she was explaining Heaven she said that "all the colors were out of this world" and that there were way more colors then here on Earth. This isn't the first time I have heard this. After my dream I read a book about near-death experiencs and all of them had the color thing in common.
Yesterday I read the book "Heaven Is For Real" by Todd Burpo. He is a pastor in Nebraska and his son's appendix burst and had to have emergency surgery. Over the next couple of years the little boy (4 at the time) would bring up little bits of his story that he was in Heaven during the surgery and the first thing he told them was that Heaven was full of colors. When I came to that point in the book, I cried. This book is a must read and I would never be able to do it justice. Get it from the library and enjoy! This little boy gave awesome detail and made Heaven a real place for me. I have always known it existed, but he made it more real for me. The family would always point out pictures of Jesus and ask the little boy if that is what he saw. He said he sat on Jesus' lap and talked to Him. For years he would tell them what wasn't right with this picture and that picture. Finally a perishioner emailed his dad the above CNN video. So his dad went to the girl's website and pulled up the picture that she drew of Jesus. He called the boy down to the computer and he paused and stared for a few minutes. His dad asked him "what is wrong with this one? " They little boy said "nothing. That one is right."
So two completely different stories that I happened across a year apart were related. I was in shock. I hadn't seen that one coming. It is amazing how God gives you what you need and that is exactly what I needed. Of course our admission to Heaven is believing in Jesus Christ and repenting our sins. This little boy became very upset when a man died and they weren't sure if the man believed in Jesus. So if you want to go to this real and wonderful place you need to believe that Jesus is the Son of God and He died for your sins.
This book had some other wonderful news about Heaven, but I won't spoil it for you. The weird part is, I can't remember where I learned of this book or what caused me to put a hold on it at the library. I had to wait about 3 weeks for it, since it is a recent book, but it was well worth the wait. The best part is that it is short and I finished it in about 2 hours. So now you have no excuse not to read it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment