Having 4 kids in less than 3 years brings a lot of excitement, chaos, fun and love. Welcome to our life!
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Sweet Tooth
Trevor has joined Aurora on the sweet tooth list. I am not sure if it is genetic or environment, but my mom's side of the family has a horrible sweet tooth. I am not talking about your run of the mill love of sugar, it is a unquenchable obsession. :) My great-grandpa use to take a piece of every dessert at any family function. My Great-Grandma use to sneak chocolate. My Grandma loved desserts and made some great ones. My mom is a dessert connoisseur and an excellent dessert baker. Me and my siblings were and still are addicted to sugar. We grew up in a house that dinner was not complete without something sugary. Our kids get sweets, but not too often. So when Trevor saw a bag of candy that I bought from Costco for my mom's school, his eyes lit up and he told my mom "candy stay here" and "eat candy in the morning." Then after my parents left, he talked about the candy for about 10 minutes and finally went to bed. When he woke up this morning he wanted to know where the candy was and when it was coming back. He also remembered that I told him he could have some ice cream after dinner today, and I have been reminded about 100 times before lunch. So I did what every good parent does, I gave him plain yogurt and told him it was ice cream. He gobbled it up and never complained. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment