Thursday, March 10, 2011

Heaven Is Real Part 2 (sort of)

There are 3 stories in our family history that to me prove that God is real and so is Heaven.  As I was writing the previous post I didn't have time to include these 3 stories that have always left no doubt in mind.  I am getting old or older I should say and I don't have the best memory.  I do this blog to help me remember the good times, the bad times and even the stressed times.  I want my kids to be able to someday look back on these posts and have a good laugh or cry, but most of all know that their Mommy loved them and enjoyed every moment of their early lives.  So in a way this is a journal for my kiddos.  So these stories they will probably have already heard from me or their daddy, but they are worth jotting down.
My sister kept a little journal under her bed, that I didn't know about obviously, or I would have read it. :)  After she passed away we found the journal and the last line on the last page was written a few weeks before she died.  It simply said "I am not sure what the future has in store for me.  Only God knows." 
Later that year my Great-Aunt Patsy was losing her battle with cancer.  She was a strong woman and she held on for a long time.  I believe it was a day before she passed away, but I am not certain on the time-line.  She was rambling on about things and close to death.  She mentioned my sister and her Grandson Ryan in the same breath.  Amber had already passed, but Ryan was alive and well.  His mom was concerned for a little bit, but her mom was dying so she didn't have time to worry about it.  Aunt Patsy died that summer.  On Thanksgiving night of that same year, my cousin Ryan got in to a car with a bunch of kids who had been drinking.  They didn't make it far before they got in an accident.  Ryan was critically injured and was in the hospital for about 3 weeks before he finally passed away.
My cousin Natalie was diagnosed with a brain tumor when she was 2 years old.  She was an angel on Earth. She was so sweet and quiet spoken.  She bravely fought for about 8 years, multiple surgeries and treatments later. The doctors finally did all they could and she died peacefully in her home.  The day that she died she told her parents that she saw angels on the ceiling. 
2 Bonus stories! :)  When my Grandma was in the hospital my parents started having electrical disturbances in their house.  She told me she hoped it wasn't Amber coming to take Grams to Heaven.  Well, my Grandma died the next day and the electrical disturbances stopped.
My Great Uncle Bobby died last month and honestly it has been a few years since I had seen him.  He was married to my Great-Aunt Patsy, who was my Grandma's sister. About a week before Uncle Bobby died, I had a dream about Aunt Patsy.  I have never in my life had a dream about her, or had I been thinking about her that day or prior days.  All I can say is that she was being Aunt Patsy, and if you know her, then you know what I mean.  I pushed it to the back of my mind and about a week later my mom called to tell me that Uncle Bobby was going home to hospice care and he probably wasn't going to make it through the night.  At this point we all knew that he had medical conditions, but his death was sort of unexpected.
I don't claim to have all the answers.  But I do know that my faith is real and Heaven is real.  God talks to us all the time, all we need to do is be still and listen. I hear Him all the time, but I do have 4 little kids, so I guess you could argue that I may be mentally ill. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment