Friday, March 4, 2011

Extended Family

Yesterday I went the Willamette National Cemetery for my Great-Uncle's funeral. This is the first military funeral I have ever been to and as far as funerals go, it was nice.  Uncle Bobby had a full and exciting life.  Supposedly he was a mechanic for Richard Nixon's plane during his presidential campaign, a fact that none of us knew.  Maybe he wanted it to be kept a secret. :)  Our extended family use to get together for every holiday and vacation together at least once a year.  These get-togethers started becoming less frequent and now sadly we only see each other for funerals or weddings.  It is sad how a family can drift apart.  But the best part about family is that even if you see each other once a year or once every other year, you can pick up right where you left off.  I pray that my children will be able to feel the love and warmth of family get-togethers and take away some great memories.  Because family is the one thing you can never escape, never! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment