Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grand Parents

Wowzers!  Now that I am grown and have a family of my own, I just realized how much money my Grandparents spent on me and my cousins.  There is a new water park opening in Oregon and the biggest complaint is the price of admission, $30 per person.  Which is outrageous, so I went on a little search of the prices of places we went to as kids and I am in sticker shock.  I realize it was cheaper due to inflation 15 years ago,  but my Grandparents were plopping down big bucks for the 7 of us and now I feel so ungrateful.  All of my vacation memories were due to my Grandparents.  They took us to Disneyland twice and footed the bill for my senior trip to Disneyland.  We went to the beach at least once a year and they had a timeshare up in Welches that we would get 3 weeks out of every year.  We also went to Mariners games (piling in to the orange Cadillac), stopping at wild waves on the way up. We also did Sunriver a few times and my Grandparents paid for all of us to white water raft and horseback ride.  Not only would my Grandparents pay for the trip, they would foot the entire bill.  They never complained and jumped at the chance to spoil us rotten.  If my Grandma ever complained about the price of something, we never knew.  Most of the time my Grandparents never participated in these activities, but still had to pay admission.  It was more important to them that we had fun. When we were younger we expected these things, it wasn't until now that I realize what a great gift my Grandparents gave me.  My Grandma received joy from depositing memories in to our memory bank.  There are no words to express how eternally grateful I am to Grams and Gramps.  Grandparents are the best!  I guess that is why they call them "grand" parents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment