Wednesday, May 16, 2012

When I Get Where I'm Going







Russ' Grandma is on her way home.  She is a beautiful, precious soul and I am honored to be part of her amazing family!  When I first started dating Russ he always had to explain the family tree to me, there are so many branches!  I thought Grandma was absolutely crazy for having six kids and now that I have had four of my own, I still think she was crazy! :)  But I think she was truly a saint for raising 6 kids and the fruitfulness of her family just proves what a wonderful lady she is.  She raised some pretty amazing kids, who in turn raised some pretty amazing kids, who have raised some pretty amazing kids.  And I have no doubt that her great-grandkids will raise some amazing kids as well.  She had a part in shaping Russ in to the man he is and he has nothing but fond memories of his time with her.  He was honored to be her first Grandson, something he wears as a badge of honor. My heart aches for the family during this difficult time, but I am comforted by the fact that she will finally be home with Jesus and she will be reunited with Grandpa Skogan.  They gave the gift of the Lord to their kids, so I can only imagine the crazy family reunion in heaven.  Hopefully Jesus made her an extra big mansion, she will definitely need it! :)

I chose this song because she told Russ that he looked like Brad Paisley and it just seems fitting.

 Grandma Skogan this isn't goodbye, this is a see you later! We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment