Having 4 kids in less than 3 years brings a lot of excitement, chaos, fun and love. Welcome to our life!
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Traveling To Texas
We dropped the kids off at their grandparents house and headed for the airport. I had been joking around that I was going to get molested at the airport and guess what, I did. We checked in and went to the security line. We took our shoes off, pulled out all our liquids, emptied our pockets and stepped into a machine that I am certain gave me a lethal dose of radiation. Russ passed through, no problems. I on the other hand had 4 "areas" come up on my scan, which the kind lady informed me that I won a complete pat-down. She had to call over her walkie while she made sure I didn't make a run for it. They escorted me to my luggage and took me to another area. I had to stand on some sort of mat, spread my arms out and she proceeded to tell me what area she was going to "pat" before she did it. Then as if that wasn't enough, she had to take a swab of her gloves and put in to some machine. Luckily, I passed the test. I still have no clue what the four things were that showed up. I know that 2 of them were the drawstring on my pants. I think they just wanted to feel me up. :)
We had some Snickers and water and waited patiently to board the plane. We were in the back of the plane, so we had to load last. Which I don't get, because it seems like it would go smoother to load the back first and work up, but whatever. We had really nice flight attendants, at least on the way there. Flying isn't as glamorous as it once was. It is now a fit as many people as you can on a flight, get on , get off sort of thing. I remember when they served meals on almost every flight and gave you pillows and blankets. Now for that service you have to fly first class and even first class isn't very glamorous.
We had some turbulence at the beginning of the flight, which scared me to death. It was about a 3 1/2hour flight to Dallas. Even with magazines and good company, it felt like we were on the plane forever. We finally landed in Dallas and it took about 20 minutes from the time we landed to get to our gate. I had been using a sweater in the plane, since I am cold all the time. But as soon as we left the airplane, I knew I wasn't going to need my sweater anymore. It was hot and sticky and it was 9:30 at night. It was a great welcome to Texas. :)
Carol was waiting for us at the bag claim and we started our adventure. Our first stop was Red Robin. We tried out their gluten free buns, which are a little small and a little dry, but actually don't taste that bad. I think I would prefer just to eat it without the bun though. After our delicious meal, we headed to Carol's place, to get some much needed sleep for our busy day ahead..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment