While our basic needs of food, water and shelter have been met, the Jones house has been pretty miserable. Being cooped up in the house has negatively impacted my health over the years and now the kiddos are feeling its effects. Every January-April is pretty miserable. We pretty much stop getting sunlight after October and don't see it until April, if we are lucky. Last year I was recovering from an emergency situation that required an ambulance ride, now we have a case of the never ending flu. There is a big black dark cloud over our house. Aurora started all of us off about 6 weeks ago and we all had our turn with it. Just when I thought I was recovering my glands started to swell and my nose and ears filled back up. So either there is a second infection or this damn flu won't leave. The kids also started coughing again and I am getting pretty desperate. The house is a disaster, I haven't had any energy to clean or cook, which has impacted our health as well. It is a vicious cycle that I pray stops soon. I have no doubt that vitamin D and sunlight play a big part of this. If we were plants, we would have died a long time ago. It doesn't help that our house is naturally dark and has got the nickname "the batcave." My Grandparents tried to brighten it, but nothing really worked. They cut a hole in the wall to let more light in and even put in a skylight and it is still dark in here. It scares me that my Grandma died of lung and brain cancer, especially considering she never smoked a day in her life. I am a lot like her and very sensitive to smells and chemicals. My Grandma also had a mysterious disease where she was paralyzed for a week and couldn't walk. I don't remember what month that happened in, but I would be willing to bet it was a winter month. I take vitamin D (probably just enough to keep me alive), but haven't been very good at giving it to the kids on a regular basis.
It really concerned me when the sun came out this weekend and we put on less clothes, only to reveal that we are transparent. I don't think we have ever been that white. It was really scary. It also impacts our mood and I would describe the mood of the house as very dark. Whenever we see sun we run outside, but it just isn't enough in our pacific northwest climate.
Let's just say that things are not well in the Jones house and we are prayerfully and anxiously awaiting the return of the sunshine. I don't think I can keep having miserable winters like this. We may have to move to a sunnier climate, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe I should go hit the tanning bed?
I think the Brady's sum it up best. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment