Having 4 kids in less than 3 years brings a lot of excitement, chaos, fun and love. Welcome to our life!
Friday, June 28, 2013
Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
It is amazing how history repeats itself. I found myself randomly singing this song the other day and when I finally was able to listen to it on youtube, it made me think about the people of that era. The 1970's weren't cupcakes and rainbows. In fact I can't think of any time frame that has been kind to the US. We are always bouncing from one war to another, always fighting for some sort of right or claiming some kind of discrimination. We will never have true peace here on earth. We will always be restless. Every older generation has been disgusted with the youth and the words "back in my day" have been spoken more times than there are stars in the sky. Even with the the crap that goes on, we always look back on the time fondly and wish we could go back to our childhood. If you ask me, the late 80's, early 90's was kick ass. I barely remember desert storm and that is because I wrote to my neighbor who was stationed in the middle east. I was only 8 and more worried about my barbies at the time. I remember crying when Clinton was elected, I have no clue why, but I started bawling. It was a sad cry, not a happy one. I was 10. I guess that is just proof that I have always been sensitive to politics. :) Other than those 2 events in my childhood, I have no relocation of what was going on around me. I remember the good tv shows, the great music and the awesome barbies. Things have changed and my childhood is lost. But I thank God for netflix and youtube, so I can relive a few of those good memories, like this one:
Watched it most mornings before school for awhile. It always reminds me of my Grandpa who was a motorcycle cop. He also had a remote control motorcycle cop that he would let us drive around the house. Amazing how that all flooded back after watching the Chips theme song! I also had a huge crush on Ponch.
These really are the best days of my kids lives. I hope many years form now they look back fondly on these times. My wish for them is that they never see the rain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment