I have taken another step into hippie land. That darn Portland vibe is rubbing off on me! :) I have been completely shampoo and conditioner free for 2 weeks now. I wash my hair with nothing but good old water. No baking soda, no vinegar, just H2O. They say there is a 30 day adjustment period for your hair and then you won't have to wash it more than twice a week. It probably sounds gross to most, but you can come smell my hair, it smells good. :) My hair is a little flatter right now, but I prefer it, since I am usually a frizzy mess. My natural curls also pop more. Now if I could find a way to avoid showering all together, then I will have arrived! :)
The word shampoo in itself is giving you a hint. It's a sham and it's full of poo! Ever look around and see how many younger males are going bald? It used to be a old person thing, now they start thinning at 16 years old and it has become quite the epidemic. Of course some people are genetically predisposed to lose their hair, but not that young! I have 3 boys and I want to preserve their hair for as long as I can. I literally only wash their hair once a month and just recently switched to only using baking soda when I do. We have had no problems with grease or smells. Or maybe I am just immune to it by now. :)
I am trying to grow my hair out a bit, but it proves to be a challenge for me since I have a stress habit of pulling my hair out. I can go weeks without touching it and then something stressful comes along and boom, I make up for the lost time. My hairdresser has gotten good at hiding it, at least I think so. If you have noticed it, don't tell me. I want to live in a my own bubble. :)
Right now I am washing it every other day or so. It is on the greasier side, but no more than when I used shampoo. I am having fun embracing my natural hippie. Who knows, you may find me riding my bike next year at the naked bike ride. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment