Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Have A Dream

Today is the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous speech.  50 years ago today, he delivered a speech that led to surveillance of himself and his family.  Yup.  In 50 years, not much has changed, just the technology.  Today is being called Dream Day, so here is my dream speech:

I have a dream that one day the American people will kick everyone in the house and senate out and fill the positions with people that truly represent the people. Until that day, I have a dream that one day I will reach my goal weight.  I have a dream that one day I will be able to eat whatever I want and not gain weight.   I have a dream that vegetables will one day taste like Oreos and Reese's peanut butter cups.  I have a dream that one day dogs will talk and they will only be able to compliment you.  I have a dream that my house will one day be able to clean itself.  I have a dream that one day my dryer will be able to put away my laundry.  I have a dream that one day my car will drive itself and all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.  I have a dream that one day my refrigerator will make dinner.  I have a dream that one day I could wear a white dress and not look like a beluga whale. I have a dream that it will be a consistent 76 degrees outside and only rain on days I choose.  I have a dream that one day I will be able to walk in downtown Portland and not get the heebie jeebies.  I have a dream that our dreams will be able to be recorded and played back.  Whatever life throws your way, keep dreaming.  Who Knows?  Maybe one day your dream will come true!

What are your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment