I am suffocating in the evil of this world today. It seems that evil is becoming the new norm. Of course there has been evil since the day Eve ate the apple, but it feels like it is multiplying at a fast pace. I am in tears after reading almost every news article. Today it was the news of Delbert http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57599833-504083/delbert-belton-murder-wwii-veteran-in-wash-dies-after-attack-police-seek-two-male-suspects/
Just looking at his picture makes me so sad. He was waiting for his friend and 2 random ( I really want to use bad language, but I will refrain) punks decided to beat him. He is a WW2 veteran. He fought for our country! What have these little shits (sorry, it was needed) done? I don't know what you and your friends did growing up, but we never sat around talking about how bored we are, so we should probably go kill someone. WTF is wrong with people!? If my child was such an idiot I would probably be going to prison right now for beating the living hell out of them.
Then there is this: http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/justice/australia-student-killed-oklahoma
If you are so freaking bored I could think of a million things you could do that don't involve harming or killing another human being! I'm pretty sure that these two cases can be traced back to their parents not giving a f%*k. Raise your damn kids, people! Teach them respect and kindness! Don't be afraid to spank them and don't be afraid to be the "bad guy." They will thank you for it down the road.
I don't know where we went wrong and have no clue if it is fixable at this point. It is easy to lose hope for our world. It is a sad, lonely place out there. But I did catch a glimpse of hope yesterday. Antoinette Tuff. She was able to talk to the shooter and get him to calm down and turn himself in. She did it all with grace and love. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/22/us/georgia-school-shooting-911-reunion I cried the happy tears for that one.
My heart aches for the families that they left behind. I pray for some sort of peace for them. I pray that Delbert and Christopher are in heaven, chilaxing. Through all this evil, I still have hope, though it is hard to see sometimes. My hope is in you, Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment