Having 4 kids in less than 3 years brings a lot of excitement, chaos, fun and love. Welcome to our life!
Friday, April 2, 2010
No Running on the Blacktop!!
If you attended Margaret Scott Elementary in the 90's, then I am sure you heard that phrase a couple of times. I am pretty certain they probably still say that to this day. I took Aurora to the school last night to play and as she was running around I was struck with a memory. I can hear the noon assistants blowing their whistles and shouting "don't run on the blacktop." I was responsible for that rule. I am sure that it would have been a rule eventually, but the day that it became a rule, I was the reason. In one day I fell twice while running on the blacktop. I scraped one hand, one knee and my ankle the first time and the other knee and other hand the next time. So by the end of the day I was covered with band-aides. I don't remember crying, but they were some really good scrapes. The principle went to every classroom telling my story and how they were no longer going to allow kids to run on the blacktop. So that is my claim to fame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment