Wednesday, April 28, 2010

You Know You Are Having A Bad Day When...

You ask yourself "What did I do to deserve this?" before noon. It has been one of those days. The kids are driving me up the wall and the house is falling apart around me. The kitchen is a disaster, the whole house needs a good cleaning and here I sit in front of the computer instead of doing my job. An hour ago, all 4 kids where crying at the top of their lungs and I was headed for a nervous breakdown. Now they are all in their beds and the house is somewhat quiet. So of course I would rather be on-line than wasting my time cleaning the house. It is really disheartening when I spend time cleaning the kitchen, just for the kids to totally mess it up again. This happens at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. So the satisfaction from having a clean kitchen quickly disappears. And you start to ask yourself "why bother?" It is a horrible attitude to have, but I dare anyone in my situation not to feel like that. I have to keep reminding myself that as long as the kids are healthy and happy all the other stuff doesn't matter. But it does matter to me. I can't function in a dirty environment. The house runs so much smoother when the house is clean. It is just too bad that it is only clean for a millisecond. One of these days, I hope to have the upper-hand on the cleaning, but until then I will just complain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment