Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh Boy!!

Well, the boys haven't hit 2 yet, but they are already giving us a run for our money. It seems like an overnight thing, but I am sure it has been building. They have figured out how to break out of their playroom. Which means I can't safely leave them to play and get things done around the house. Trevor figured out how to get out of his crib at nap time today. Each time I would go in, he would be handing Wyatt clothes and diapers off of their changing table. So I finally just switched him and Landon and that seemed to contain him. But when I went to check on him a few minutes later he was nude and fast asleep. So I covered him with a blanket and let him sleep, which meant wet sheets when he woke up and more laundry. Wyatt is our wrestler and I constantly find him on top of Trevor and Landon. I know this is happening when I hear one of them let out a blood curdling scream. Then he will hold them down until I physically have to pull him off. He thinks it is the funniest thing. Sound fun yet??? These are just a few of the wonderful fun things I have to deal with on a daily basis. Add in a 4 year old that craves constant attention, and feels the only way to get it is to act naughty and a little 10 month old that just wants to be cuddled, but his mommy doesn't have the time. This equals an animal house all day long. I have this nagging feeling that it won't get any better, possibly worse. Russ and I are trying the best we can. It is hard work and honestly I wouldn't wish this scenario on my worst enemy. We never set out to have this many children (especially so close together) but we were dealt this hand for a reason, a reason we may never know, but there must be a purpose to this madness. Right now it feels like every day's purpose is to keep everyone alive and there isn't time for anything else. Sad, I know. I know one day I will look back at this post and laugh. Probably because I will be sad that the kids don't seem to need me anymore. I am taking one day at a time and constantly have Trace Adkins song, "You're going to miss this," playing in my head. And Psalms 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped." The LORD gets me through each day and when I feel like I don't have anymore, He is right there nudging me along. It is only with His love and grace that I have survived this long. So if I can make it through the next 18 years without a trip to the nut-house, then I think we will call it a success. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment