Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bedtime Battle

For the last couple of weeks, possibly months (I've lost track) we have had some brutal bedtime battles.  And they usually end with someone in tears.  The twins share a room and for some reason hate sleep with a vengeance.  We have them in bed by 7:30 on most nights, but they have been talking, making excuses to get out of bed, wrestling, and laughing until at least 10!  So imagine 2.5 hours of yelling at little boys to go back to bed, it can get pretty exhausting mentally and physically.  Aurora is horrible at bedtime too.  We have pretty much given up and let her stay up until we go to bed.  But that doesn't stop her from the numerous requests for a Kleenex, water, more kisses and hug, etc.  It is DRAINING!  Landon is our only child, as of right now, that gets into his bed and goes to sleep.  You would think falling asleep at 10 would mean they would sleep through the night, you would think they would be exhausted from all their shenanigans.  Nope.  I would say we average 2 wake-ups a night.  Heck, I got up with them less when they were babies!  Is it a wonder that Russ and I are exhausted every day?  Russ gets up at 4:30AM, so most days he is running on less than 5 hours of sleep, with no down time in the evening.  The time when the kids are sleeping to our bedtime was usually spent decompressing from the busy day, we don't have that luxury anymore.  We spend that time, guiding little kids back to bed, getting them water, taking them potty, etc.  And yes I am complaining.  Sleep is an important part of being healthy and I worry that it could/is having negative effects on both of us.  So kiddos if you are reading this, GO TO BED and let Mommy and Daddy get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment