Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Meet Our Newest Family Member!!!

Our newest family member, Noel!  He is 5 years old and from Honduras.  He is in Kindergarten and lives with his Mom and Dad and 2 siblings.  Our sponsorship money provides him with a Christian education and healthcare.
I had recently read a blog about Compassion International and was immediately moved.  I went to the website after making sure it was all legit and started looking through the pictures of all the kids that needed sponsors.  My heart ached for all of them but I was lead to 3 boys in particular and when I saw all their pictures next to each other, I knew why.  They looked like my sons.  I had picked out a Landon look alike, Pedro, from Mexico.  A Wyatt look-alike from the Philippines and Noel, who reminds me of Trevor.  As Russ and I were making our decision, Pedro and the Wyatt look-alike were sponsored.  So I looked at numerous other pictures to make sure we were being lead to the right child.  It took us about 2 hours, but after looking at all the other photos, there was something about Noel that I couldn't pass up.  My initial reservation was the fact that he was from Honduras and wasn't necessarily poor.  But our hearts lead us there.  Every child deserves the right to know about Jesus Christ and I am glad that we can help make that happen.  You can sponsor a child too!  Learn more at compassion.com .            Please keep Noel and his family and all the other children in your prayers!  Thank You!                

1 comment: