This is the almond milk that we made earlier this week.
After much research and studies it was discovered that dairy is not good for you. The government has been feeding people lies. Big shocker, right! About 75 percent of the world's population is genetically unable to properly digest milk and other dairy products. Both A and O should avoid dairy, so we switched to almond or rice milk a couple of years ago. Of course I still have ice cream and the occasional cheese, especially on pizza. But I usually get a sore throat, a cough and notice my nose starts to run. I have experienced these symptoms my entire life, I call it "ice cream cough." Aurora gets it as well. We are pretty much poisoning ourselves every time we eat ice cream, but it tastes so darn good! :)
We had been buying our almond milk at the grocery store, but recent research has found that the food additive carageenan causes extreme digestive upset and possibly cancer. This additive is in all alternative milks. I knew you could make your own milk, but never was brave enough to try. We bought a vitamix at Costco a couple of years ago and I am not ashamed (maybe a little ashamed) that I pretty much used it as a homemade blizzard maker and margarita maker. So a little
This weekend I will experiment with finding a yummy almond milk ice cream recipe. I will let you know if I find a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment