Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Shower Naked

When we started making changes to our diet, we also looked at ways to limit our exposure to other things.  Our water is heavily treated with chlorine, so much so that it sometimes smells like a swimming pool in our bathroom.  So we installed a chlorine filter on our shower a few years ago and couldn't be happier. My skin doesn't get all dry and itchy and I can take a long, steamy shower and not feel as bad about inhaling the steam. You can read about chlorine effects here: http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/chlorine-in-drinking-water.html

Quick tip: Another way to offset the effects of chlorine in the bathtub is to add baking soda to the water. 

 We also use brita filters to filter our tap water.  There is a significant difference in taste.  I have not drank out of our tap in a looong time, but I did the other day and I had to spit it out.  It tasted like pool water. 

I realize that just about everything in our modern world causes cancer, but I pick and choose the things that make my family and I feel more comfortable. I hate the smell of chlorine and don't think I should inhale it every time I take a shower.  I prefer to shower with water that is as pure and as naked as I am. :)  If the chlorine doesn't get me, I am sure the wireless internet or the wireless "smart" meter for our electricity will get me.  It is time consuming and it is also expensive to worry about everything, so I start small and go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment