Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Russ and his union gang voted for the contract on Friday, so we celebrated by buying a new computer.  Our old computer still works, but boy was that thing slow.  We didn't realize how slow until we hooked up the new one.  We now know why we pay Comcast so much for internet.  We had a few technical issues that we have worked out, thanks to Costco and their tech support. 
I am probably in the minority here, at least the female minority, but I am not a big fan of Valentines Day.  I don't like the fact that there is a day that puts pressure on couples, especially men, to be romantic.  I just don't think it is necessary.  Now for little kiddos on the other hand, Valentine's Day is great.  Heart shaped food, candy, and cards.  All of this with no pressure or expectations.  Just plain ole fun!  And I get to teach the history of Valentine's Day, instead of just cramming another candy filled holiday down my kids throat.  Valentine's Day is one of those holidays that is filled with great stories about men and women risking it all for their faith and love. Look it up sometime, the stories are better then any romantic movie you could ever watch. :)
I hope everyone has a great St. Valentine's Day!

P.S. I just read Nicholas Sparks new book yesterday.  It is called "Safe Haven" and if you are a fan of his other books then it is a must read.  Of course it has the similar themes that all his books seem to have, but this one had a little bit of action and the ending surprised me (which is hard to do).  It was so good that I couldn't put it down and finished reading it in about 4 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment