Friday, December 9, 2011

Goodbye Ninny???

Landon has officially gone 2 nights without his ninny.  Ninny is what we call our pacifiers around here.  I am not sure the origin of the name, but it is what I called my pacifier when I was little.  For the last 5 1/2 years there has been a ninny of some sort around here.  We had a brief pause when Aurora gave hers up by herself after her 1st birthday.  Then the twins came along and we had ninnies x 2.  Of course only Trevor took to his, Wyatt preferred his thumb.  Looking back I wished I would have pushed a ninny on him more, because now he is a big time thumb sucker and will more than likely need braces when he gets older.  You can take the ninny away, but you can't take his thumb away, at least not legally. I was going to wait until after the holidays to take Landon's ninny, but he insisted on biting holes in them and I was getting pretty fed up with replacing them.  So after his last ninny became useless, the Cookie Monster came one night and ate his ninny.  That was the story I came up with when Trevor's ninny time was over, so I decided to stick to it.  He does ask for it, but I just tell him the Cookie Monster ate it and that thought seems to keep him preoccupied.  I am a little sad, because we are closing a chapter on something that has been part of our lives for so long.  It makes me realize my babies are growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment