Monday, December 12, 2011

'Tis the Season

I have plenty to complain about.  The reality of having 4 kids has hit, hard.  Kids are expensive and even more expensive when you have to buy 4 of everything, pretty much all at once.  Christmas is a nice reminder that you're poor.  Our NW Natural bill went up $30 (even being on a budget plan) with no warning.  I spent over $200 to clothe my children for the winter and they still prefer to run around naked.  The time has come for new beds for the kiddos, at the tune of $350, and that is the cheapest option at this point.  I hate disorder and my house is a disaster.  We painted our hallway and the family room and still haven't recovered from the chaos.  Our grocery bills are going up, because our kids are eating more.  Our health insurance has gone up,  our washer is still acting up and our kids are so whiny lately, that it takes all my strength just to get through the day.  Sounds depressing, huh?  Well, I love it.  On those days where I can't stand it anymore, God is right there, holding my hand.  The fact that I can complain and have something to complain about, means I have been blessed beyond comprehension.  We have a warm house, our kids are clothed, they have beds to sleep in, we have a place to call home, our kids are fed, our kids are healthy and the Lord is our Savior.  We trust in the Lord to provide for us and He has never let us down.  I know it is easier to complain than to be thankful, but I choose to be thankful, at least today. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment