This coming Saturday will mark 14 years since Russ and I met. 14 years!! It's hard to believe. I have spent almost half of my life with this man. My best friend, my confidant, my inspiration, my lover, my greatest supporter. It has been a fun journey. 14 years ago we met and sparks flew. :) When I woke up the morning of the 27th and was super bored and called my friend, I would have never imagined that on that day I would meet my future husband. When we were laughing about underwear at Value Village, I didn't realize this man would be the man I would laugh with forever. The next day we went to a Bad Company/David Lee Roth concert. I am not sure if I have ever told Russ this, but when that night was over and I came home, I set on the end of my bed, and I completely spaced out thinking about him. I honestly don't know how long, but it was seriously like the movies, where they go to la la land and finally snap out of it when they hear a loud noise or someone calling their names. Yup, it's real. I had it bad! Over the next 2 weeks everything just kind of fell in place and on August 11th we went on our first date. I know the movie we went to, but I honestly can't remember a darn thing about the movie, other than Paul Ruebens. :) I spent the whole movie wondering if he was going to hold my hand. Finally around the end he put his hand on mine and as they say "the rest is history." I still get butterflies in my stomach when I remember it. I have never had to work or struggle to make this relationship work. It just does. That is how I knew that this man was "the one." Russ is my soul mate, he completes me. I hope to grow old and gray (already started) with this man. I hope to laugh about our old person problems together and fight over directions when we take our grand-kids on vacation. Right now we are knee deep in the battlefield together, raising 4 kids. It's going to be one bumpy ride and I know with my partner in crime, we can move mountains! So watch out kiddos, this dynamic duo is coming for you!
I love you, Dude! You are truly the meaning in my life, my inspiration. :)
and nothing's gonna stop us now!
No comments:
Post a Comment