Tuesday, July 23, 2013

That Time Of The Month






Regular Length PadsAhhhh yes, that time of the month has come and gone and I tried something different.  The picture above is cloth pads.  Yup.  Guess what?  I liked it!  It was kind of fun and we all know that periods are no fun!  I came across these pads on accident, or maybe not.  I had to wear my first ever tampon last cycle.  I went 30 years without needing a tampon.  I actually got anxiety from this, but I survived.  Coincidentally (or the government spying on me) a video about pads and tampons containing chemicals and toxins that could possibly cause cancer, popped up on facebook that day.  I know, I know, what doesn't cause cancer?  They lit some always pads on fire and they burst into a huge fireball, they lit the chemical free pad on fire and it just sort of smoldered. Anywho, I was reading about alternatives to always pads.  There is the diva cup, which is a little silicone cup that you insert up there and dump out periodically.  I wasn't ready for such a commitment. :)  So I went on to the next comment and they talked about cloth pads.  I figured if people could do cloth for babies, why not for your period?  I am sure my ancestors did it.  I have about 20 years of periods coming my way. So I researched a few brands and decided to try these out.  I anxiously waited for my period to start.  I know, I am crazy!  It came and I got to take these bad boys for a spin.  I only have 3 so, I did a lot of laundry.  They are comfy, didn't leak, and got the job done.   I am heading back to the website to pick up a few more and anxiously wait for my next period. :)

So I officially don't wash my hair, don't wear deodorant, don't wear makeup and use cloth pads.  What am I missing?  I (and my husband) draw the line at shaving. The pits and legs must be hairless, so don't even suggest that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment