Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Am Number 4



It's that time of the year, when I pull out Landon's birthday video, hold him in my lap and get all emotional as we watch it.  In less than an hour from now, he will officially be 4! My little baby is growing up!  Landon has been a great addition to the family and even though the ride has been bumpy, it was a ride worth taking.  Landon, or Lou, or Lewtz, or Lou Gergz, or Landerson Cooper, or nug-nug, or Landy, depending on the day, has brought nothing but joy to our lives.  I have no idea how our family of 5 would have functioned, but it wouldn't as been as fun without Landon, that's for sure.  He is our shy, quiet guy, who when gets excited about something, won't shut up. :)  He loves doing things with his brothers and he has a special bond with his twin, Sissy.  The other kids see Landon as the baby and try to protect him. Today they are following him around calling him the "birthday boy."  It melts my Mommy heart to see how much these kids care for each other.  Sure they have some knock down, drag out fights, but they truly like each other and play well together.  My only hope is that they stay this close in to adulthood.  I love my kiddos, they are some very special souls that will bring light to this world!  I have no doubt that Landon is destined for greatness.  Every time I take the chance to observe him, I realize that any person that comes into contact with him is blessed.  He, by all purposes, shouldn't be here, so any wife, kids, grand-kids that he has are a whole branch of a family tree that was never suppose to grow.  It amazes me!  All I can say is, Thank you Lord for knowing what we needed, when clearly, Russ and I didn't.  We love you, little Lou!



No comments:

Post a Comment