Here I am again, declaring war on my food. It's been a rollercoaster ride and instead of leveling off and coming to a stop, we got sent upside down and inside out. To make a long story short, Russ and I have been miserable and after trying to deny or block out the fact that our food choices are attacking us, the time has come to eliminate the negative. Our first victim, gluten. We were gluten free for about 9 months or so and at that time Russ felt awesome, I was also at a very low weight, but we fell off the wagon and slowly allowed it back in. Big mistake! In November I was tentatively diagnosed with fibroids in my uterus, which are benign tumors. I opted not to have the ultrasound this year, which I am kind of kicking myself for, so that is the assumption. Pelvic heaviness, heavy periods, peeing all the time, so pretty much like being constantly pregnant. So I have been doing extensive research on my condition and came to a ton of conclusions. #1 being my horrible diet. They key for any womanly tumor growth is estrogen. Your body is producing too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. Not only is the food you consume cause estrogen to multiply, but the water you drink, the receipts you handle(all plastics), the fat you store. It all works together. Excess fat essentially traps the estrogen in your body and then you are trapped in a viscous cycle. This affects men as well. Think man boobies and pot bellies. Wheat, sugar, soy and dairy consumption are the leaders of the opposing side. They are the ones we are gunning for. I was able to remain gluten free for the two weeks leading up to our vacation. I was feeling good, and then I decided to let myself eat pizza on our second night there. The effects weren't visible right away, so I allowed myself pizza the next day. Well, lets just say it has been pretty bad. Mood swings, depression, bathroom issues, excessive thirst and hunger. And today the pelvic pain is at a all time high. I also gained 8lbs of water weight, meaning my body was attacking my wheat consumption at an alarming rate. It has finally reached that point, at least for me, that it just isn't worth it anymore. There are tons of gluten free options out there and there is no reason I need to suffer anymore. I know that for me, dairy, meat and sugar are right up there, but I am starting with gluten. Russ has finally conceded, after some pretty bad effects. He will finally join me again. I am still going to allow it for the kids, for now. I need to take baby steps. Plus, they are sort of naturally gluten free anyways. This gluten free thing is not a fad. It is the matter of quality of life. Today's wheat just isn't fit for human consumption, period. I guess you could say that most everything in our food supply isn't fit for human consumption anymore. It's sad, it's depressing, but it's also empowering having a plan of action. I am well aware that something will get me in the end and I can't avoid everything, but why continue to eat something that you know for a fact hurts you??
I am also taking certain supplements that help remove the excess estrogen from my system. I am hoping for some results, otherwise my doctor is more than willing to rip my uterus out of my body and I don't want to go that route right now.
So war has been declared!
No comments:
Post a Comment