Today I am thankful for freezers, that can freeze strawberries so I can enjoy them year round. Now, I have probably tasted every strawberry in the world, OK maybe not, but I have had a ton of strawberries from all over. The Oregon strawberry is the superior berry. There is not a berry in the world that can touch it. Russ and I went to a new health market that opened up in Gresham and I was able to find frozen Oregon strawberries for my smoothies. I just had my first one today, OMG! I am in heaven! I am now dreaming of the wonderful things to come. June can't come soon enough. If you have never tried our strawberry you are missing out.
Today marks 11 days gluten free for Russ and I. I am feeling so much better, minus the nasty cold. I have managed to lose the 8lb water weight gain plus another pound. The real test will come around my period. It is amazing to think of how my body was reacting to what it deemed a foreign invader. Russ has had some pretty amazing results as well, which has just solidified our belief that he may be a celiac, or at the very least severely gluten intolerant. Most of his stomach issues are gone or going and he lost over 5lbs. This could also tie in with the blood type diet, which states that gluten is poison to O's.
Landon has started to get a bloated belly (think Buddah) and have some bathroom issues. So now that Russ and I have gotten through the gluten detox period, he is next on my list. I also believe that Wyatt's gluten problems come out in behavioral symptoms and Trevor's comes out in his skin. So I guess my Spring project is bringing the whole family on board, eventually. I am very hesitant to eliminate it completely in the kids diet because I know they will be exposed to it and after you haven't had it for awhile, just a bite of it can make you very sick. But I will definitely give Landon a trial period to see if his symptoms clear up.
It's hard work controlling my diet and the diet of 5 others. A lot of it has been trial and error, experiments and plain luck. I am confident that we are on the right track and really have no other choice. I can't control everything, but I can use my knowledge to help my family. It's a challenge, it's difficult, it's expensive, the list goes on and on but as my favorite health guru said, "Dying's easy. Living's a pain in the butt." So I soldier on, hoping that my efforts help those around me.
I started the journey 7 years ago. It has been 7 years since I discovered that I was slowly poisoning myself. I am not sure I have much to show for that time, other than my vast knowledge. I would 'heal' myself and then go right back to the poison. I guess you can have all the knowledge in the world, but still be an idiot. It is the actual acting upon the knowledge that will make the biggest difference. God gave me an inquiring, truth seeking mind and it has served me well. I have managed to heal family members and even contribute to a new life. I always assumed that my inquiring mind was a curse, but it has actually been a blessing. It is my gift from God.
I am going to fully enjoy my Oregon strawberries and plot my next move. I'm pretty sure that most of the people coming to Oregon on the Oregon Trail came for the strawberries, in fact I am certain of it. :)
I could chose not to move, but I refuse.
No comments:
Post a Comment