Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Process

This happened: http://www.10news.com/news/patrick-henry-high-school-student-dies-of-suspected-meningococcal-infection

And this happened: http://www.katu.com/news/local/Student-at-Central-Catholic-HS-dies-of-suspected-meningitis-248581811.html

Which brings back some pretty painful memories.

Which leads to me trying to find a pucture of my sister, which leads to me finding this in her yearbook again:



Which leads me to cry, a lot.

Which leads me to recieve three of the best hugs in the entire world from my boys.

Which leads to the boys making fun of Matt's long hair.

Which leads to a good laugh.

Which leads me to thanking God for such wonderful kids and an awesome sister that I will see again one day.

Grieving is a lifelong process for those of us left behind.   It's OK to cry, it's OK to laugh, it's OK to do both at the same time.  :)  One of my fondest memories was being in a wheelchair, the day after my sister died.  No I wasn't hurt or sick, but my cousins and I were playing in my great-grandma's old wheelchair and they were pushing me around the neighborhood and we hit a rock and I kind of flew out.  We all busted up laughing and couldn't stop.  Geesh, It still makes me chuckle to think about it. :)  My Grandma told me later that day that my cousin Anna came busting through the door and exclaimed that she had made me laugh and she was so excited.  Annnndddd that story just made me laugh and now I am crying again.   See!  I remember it like it was yesterday and on that day in March my cousin gave me a pretty awesome gift and memory. Am I recommending pushing someone in a wheelchair until they fly out of it?  No, but remember that God gave us laughter and good memories to shield us, as much as He can, from the sadness in the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment