We went to The Great Wolf Lodge and had a howling good time. Cheesy, I know. I am not very good at taking pictures and these are pretty much just from our last day there because I was carrying the camera. I didn't trust the camera at the water park and I kind of didn't want to fall out of any rafts trying to take pictures or ruin my camera, I'm funny like that. We took advantage of a groupon offered earlier this year and hooked up with my cousin's for our first vacation together in a looooong time. I was probably 16 last time we vacationed together. It was a blast and the kids were wonderful, most of the time. When we first got there, Landon refused to stand tall at the height check point and got red flagged, meaning that he wasn't going to be able to go on any of the slides. Big Bummer. He was very upset and I could see the pain in his eyes, so I did what any mother would, I went to a different height station, stretched him out and he squeaked by! Vacation crisis averted! Wyatt and Aurora were the only ones that made the Tornado height requirement though, but we could at least go on the more family oriented ride. I was actually quite surprised that all the kids were excited to go on the rides and no one pulled the scared card. I on the other hand, have been terrified of water slides, forever. So at 31 years old I went on my first water slide. The lodge itself is overpriced and I probably would not go back if I had to spend full price. But it was a very enjoyable vacation for everyone. There wasn't a dull moment and there is plenty to do there, if you want to shell out the money. On the last day there, Aurora and I got a Mommy and Me pedicure, since I owed her a birthday pedicure. It was very nice and we had a great time. They boys enjoyed the arcade and even won a few things from those claw machines. Landon wanted to do a game where you throw balls at little monsters, trying to knock them down. Of course I thought, what a waste of money, he probably won't even be able to throw it over the glass. Boy was I wrong! He pelted those balls at the monsters and knocked down 5 of them! He was throwing rockets! I proceeded to let him try again, this time for his Daddy to witness it, and he only got one, go figure. I was so mad because I actually had the camera and could of taken video, but I failed. I am thinking we may have a pitcher in our midst. I knew that he could throw rockets, I have a few bruises to prove that, but he showed some awesome accuracy. Our trip included lots of chlorine, copious amounts of ice cream and fun, fun, fun! Aurora actually cried when we were leaving and cried when we got home. It was that good! :) Russ told her she could get a job there when she grew up, and our little smarty pants said between sobs, "if I work there, I won't have time to play there." It has been a rough few days, readjusting to 'normal' life again, but the memories we created and the fun we had was well worth the rough patch.

 |
| Our view! |
 |
| We were on the very top floor. |
 |
| Ice cream goatee! |
 |
| Little Cameron! |
 |
| Any trip wouldn't be complete wtithout a under the table meltdown. :) |
 |
| All the cousin's kids together for a picture, minus the sleeping baby. From left to right, Abby holding Liam, Kyla holding Alessandra, Aurora, Trevor, Jackson, Wyatt. Front: Landon and Brayden. |
 |
| Going home! |
 |
| Using his minion as a pillow. |
 |
| Trevor was able to grow a nice mustache on our way home. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment