Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, I randomly started thinking about the things that make me squeeeeeeeeeeeee.  Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is that wonderful squeal you let out when you see something that you just can't contain yourself.  It makes you turn into a complete fool, but you are so elated that you don't care.   I made a short list in my head and for fun I asked Russ, "What makes me squeeeeeeeeeee?"  I fully expected him to say, what the heck does that mean.  But he paused for a brief second and said, "Patrick Swayze, blue sapphires, Keanu Reeves and me."  Well, he just about got the entire list! 
I can't explain the squeeeee.  It just sort of escapes me and turns me into mush.  I am pretty good about hiding my squeeee around most people, but my husband and my kids have heard it, a lot. There is is just a chemical reaction in my brain when I see certain images or think of things in my head and I just have to let it out. It usually is accompanied by a high pitch voice and me not being able to form full sentences. It is a happiness overload.  It is pretty wonderful.

So for fun I present the things that make me squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! 

1. Patrick Swayze
I honestly don't find him physically attractive.  I think it is more of the memories he rustles up and the love he shared for his wife.  I am totally squeeeeing right now.  When I think of Patrick I think of Dirty Dancing, and then I think of Point Break and then I think of how he is gone. :(  He had such potential and would still be making movies that would entertain me if that damn cancer didn't take him.






2. The color blue.  Anything blue, especially royal blue, makes me happy.  If you have ever been to our house you might have noticed that all 3 bedrooms are a shade of blue and the bathroom too. When I was younger I painted my own room sky blue.  My wedding colors were royal blue and silver, which totally makes me squeeeee when I think about it.  I plan on renewing my wedding vows in a royal blue dress, very soon. It has been quite the coincidence that the Mariners and the Seahawks have blue in their team colors, makes me like them even more. We have one blue car and one silver car and I love to just look at the colors together. I am not sure where my love of blue comes from, but it has been as long as I can remember. While I was totally disappointed that the Mariners didn't make the playoffs by one freaking game, it was quite enjoyable watching the Royals play.  Their fans had all shades of blue on and it just made me happy.  I am also one of those people that voted numerous times for M&M to make blue ones. I was ecstatic that blue won!





3.  Penguins!  Any kind of penguin will do, but the chubby, baby penguins get the biggest reaction. A couple of years ago someone stole a baby penguin from a zoo, they never found the poor thing, but I totally think it was a guy getting it for his woman so she would squeeee.  Happy Feet, March Of The Penguins, all make me squeeeee. We have a Christmas Penguin that comes out every year and I totally squeeee every year.  We used to have penguin Christmas bathroom rugs but those have been ruined by the kids, but I totally sqeeed every time I was in the bathroom. I found out I was pregnant with our first child on our year anniversary and we were at the beach celebrating. We went to the aquarium and I bought a baby seal and a baby penguin stuffed animal for our new little one. I still squee when I see them. 




4. Beagles!  We are blessed to have one of our own now, but I spent years squeeeing over beagles and I will spend a 100 more. There is absolutly nothing more squee worthy than a beagle puppy.  Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Sorry, I just had to! Long, soft ears, wet noses.  Oh how I love beagles! Russ and I have wanted one forever.  We were going to buy a puppy and name him Dodger.  He was going to ride in the back of the Subaru with our 2 kids. We all know how that turned out. We finally were able to add a beagle to the family last summer.  A young girl had just gone through a break up and wanted to re-home her beagle because she was never home. I found the craigslist add and quickly replied.   Only problem was that she was located in Bellevue, Wa. I introduced our family and waited for a reply.  We were chosen!  She even agreed to meet us in Chealis, about halfway for both of us.  She gave us Maya for absolutely free, along with her 2 cages, bowls, leash, food, toys and brush.  It was destiny! Her name was also fitting, since we were going to name any girl we might have had after Aurora, Amaya.  She also has a September birthday , so she fit right into our birthday pattern.  We now have June, July, August and September. :) We have thrown around the idea of getting another one, but it just doesn't feel like the right timing. Quite possibly 2 beagles might give me a squeeeeee attack!






5. Keanu Reeves.  My husband knows me all too well.  Point Break, Speed, Bill and Ted.  Ironically I have never seen the Matrix movies. I must get on that. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  I was in love with Keanu and wanted to name my kids after him, when I was in middle school. Thank goodness that changed as I got older. My dad took me to see Speed at the theater, it was also my first time at a Red Robin, which didn't make the list, but I have been known to squeeee over it. I asked for a G-Shock illuminater, which is a watch as big as my head, for Christmas that year because Keanu used one in Speed. I proudly wore that thing for an entire year and would tell people that it was the same watch Keanu wore. That thing was huge!  I probably looked like a big dork, but no one said anything because I think deep down everyone was jealous of it! I love the movie Point Break and don't watch it nearly enough. Keanu kind of faded from hollywood and was upset to find out that he was dealing with multiple tragedies in his life.  He lost a baby, a fiance, best friend. He is one of those guys that I just want to hug and tell him that its OK.

The watch looks nice on him.  Not so much on a 12 year old girl.

6. Paul Walker.  I don't really need to explain myself here.  Just look at the picture and squeeeeeeeeee with me.


7.  Last, but certainly not least, my man.  My husband was exactly right, he does make me squeeee. Multiple times a day. ;)  15 years later and I still get giddy over my husband. Certain clothes, hat or way he walks, makes me just melt.  Lets just say that there is a pair of wranglers that he wears that make me have heart palpitations. Sadly, I don't have a picture of that, but even if I did, I would not share.  I am one lucky lady.


Well there you go, the 7 things that make me go squeeee.  I am all squeed out right now.  I think my brain might explode!  I would love to hear yours!  

No comments:

Post a Comment