The last couple of days I have been having second thoughts about sending Aurora to preschool. I realized academically she knows more than an average preschooler and to pay someone $100 a month to teach her what she already knows is starting to sound a little crazy. I do think that she needs to be around other kids, mainly girls her age. So as Russ nicely put it "friends are expensive. You want us to spend that kind of money just so she can make friends?" This decision would be a whole lot easier if we belonged to a good church with a good youth ministry. Then I wouldn't even consider preschool. Even with all these arguments against it, there is something that is holding me back from pulling the plug on it. So the last 2 days I have taken to prayer. The Lord has all the answers. But I am not so good at recognizing them sometimes. I think even if the Lord himself came to me and told me, I would still doubt the answer. Early this morning I had a dream, one of those dreams that you can remember every detail when you wake up. I believe it may be from the Lord, but I am still having a hard time knowing for sure. I was sitting in my old childhood church, watching football on a big projector screen. So I know it had to be Sunday. :) Billy Graham of all people is sitting next to me. He can't hear too well and he can't see at all. Every once in awhile someone will go up to him and grab his hand and he will say something profound and speak about their hearts. I am sitting there and I really want to grab his hand and hear what he has to say, but I am scared. So the game ends and Russ goes up to shake his hand, in a sort of it was nice seeing you sort of way. I am next. I take his hand and am about to pull away and he grabs my hand tighter and pulls me closer to him. And he tells me that I have a "schooling heart." All of a sudden I feel like my answer was given to me and I wake up thinking I have the answer. But now I am sitting here doubting it was God sent. It felt so real and it felt like it was from God, so why do I still have doubts? God is so amazing and I have no doubt that he "talks" to his followers. But sometimes you feel like you are making things up, just to get the answer that you want to hear. So I am going to take the next week to pray and make sure God is leading me away from preschool.
In the meantime I would love everyone's opinions on preschool. Thoughts, stories, opinions, advice. Anything would be helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment