Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Week Of School!

Well, we made it through the first week of home preschool.  We take Friday's off. :)  I had started out trying to follow a curriculum, but soon realized that Aurora was way too smart for the one I chose.  So we are going over our letters, writing, and starting to learn to read.  I would have to say that she is probably working at a first grade level, at least she is doing what I was doing in the first grade.  So I am just trying to reinforce the basics and build from there. We are also learning about character traits.  This week was respect.  We are going to dive into some math next week.  The most difficult thing has been finding time to teach, while the others demand attention. I am keeping the days short, 2-3 hours tops and spacing the time throughout the morning, so that helps.  So far it has been an enjoyable experience.  Ask me that next month, I may be singing a different tune. :)


Aurora's First Day of Homeschool:

No comments:

Post a Comment