Friday, September 17, 2010

Vitamin D

My favorite season is coming to an official start next week, Fall.  That means the sunshine eludes us for the next 6 months.  Plus we had a horrible Summer, that included June-uary.  So if I was a betting woman, I would say that all of us are low on vitamin D.  Vitamin D is very important for us Pacific North-westerners.  We have the highest rate of MS and depression, both linked to low vitamin D levels.  So here is my friendly reminder to take your vitamin D supplement. I will even go a step forward and tell you that Costco has a coupon for it this month, plus if you hate pills, they have wonderful liquid vitamin D.  Vitamin D also helps boost your immune system, which is great during the cold and flu season.   And in case you are wondering, your multi-vitamin just won't do.  You need a vitamin D supplement on top of your multi-vitamin. At least 1000-2000iu daily.  Now you have all the facts, don't let me catch you without your vitamin D. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment