Thursday, October 23, 2014

10 Pound Challenge

The days are shorter and the weather is gross, of course that means you eat and eat and eat. On average most people gain 10lbs during the last few months of the year.  So I am challenging myself to lose 10 lbs before I gain 10 lbs. :)  Right before the Thanksgiving feast, which isn't much of a feast when you are gluten free, but still.  This year the Seahawks are playing the 49ers on Thanksgiving, so the stress level is raised to severe. I will be eating my weight in gluten free desserts. So I am going to try and drop some weight before then, so when January rolls around I am not 20lbs in the hole.
It is super hard for me to lose weight, considering I am always in stress mode and I know you have all heard of cortisol.  I have to work extra heard to lose even a few lbs, so to lose 10 by Thanksgiving will prove to be almost impossible.   But I will try and I will get up early most mornings and do a walking DVD, even though my bed is warm and cozy and it is still dark out.
I have come along way in healing myself.  I have not had a full blown panic attack in a looong time (knock on wood). I still have anxiety, and always will.  I have accepted it and have decided to make it part of me. I have learned to say no. Not only to say no, but to not have feelings of guilt for saying no. I feel happier, most of the time.  I still battle with feelings of depression and worthlessness, but it has greatly improved. I haven't had my annual woman's appointment yet, but I feel like I have made great strides in that area as well.
I am going to start really getting at it on Sunday, cause I am still recovering from the flu. Russ brought it home. Yup, the stupid flu, but guess what?  I used all natural things to help me through and it was amazing.  Garlic, elderberry, tea, colloidal silver, vitamin c and d and a few advil. It wasn't as severe and I let my immune system do all the work.  So now that I am rested up it is time to let all my energy out!  I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment