Monday, October 27, 2014

I Weigh 10 Pounds

I absolutely hate telling anyone my weight.  It is painful and frankly, none of anyone's business.  It is just a number that fluctuates all day long, like my mood.  Sure a big number isn't healthy and a small number isn't either.  It is nice as a baseline, but it does not measure healthiness. I am also tall, so my number is totally pointless compared to a shorter family member or famous person.  To strive for an unattainable number is ridiculous. I know a range that I feel the most comfortable and fit into most of my clothes, that is what I strive for.  Sure I have an ultimate goal weight, but do I really know if I would be happy at that weight?  Nope. So here I am today, starting to get rid of some bloat and a few extra pounds, so I can feel comfortable in my clothes again and not feel like a bloated life preserver. I have a 10lb goal, which at least 5 of that is water weight. So when I get up in the morning to weigh myself to find a starting point, I will weigh 10lbs.  Whatever number the scale shows, it will be 10lbs.  As I move along, my goal will to be zero pounds.  So I will refer to any weight-loss in those parameters. As long as I stay at 10lbs and don't go above that, I will be fine.  If I were to creep up to 11 or 12, you might need to send help.
Anyone else, just read: blah blah blah blah?  That is what all this weight loss crap sounds like in my head.  I have spent the majority of my life worrying about losing weight.  I am tired.  But I will soldier on.  I guess if I were ever just give up, I could hit the unhealthy range and shorten my life.  I guess you could say my weight is an issue for me, to maybe keep me in check. If I were one of those people that could eat whatever I wanted and be skinny, I would be in big trouble. So maybe it is a blessing that my body hates me?  Sure, that is what I am going with.
So one month to Thanksgiving and I weigh 10lbs.  I will try to get weekly weights.  I think I will just update this post, so you will have to come to the blog and check it out.  Sorry email subscribers!

WEEK 1 UPDATE!
Well, thanks to a visitor and a grocery bag full of candy, this lady is 12lbs.  So I gained 2lbs and hope for a better number next week.  Stay tuned!

WEEK 2 UPDATE!
I now weigh 7lbs.  That is how much my body sucks.  I can lose and gain 5 lbs in one day!  While I am happy that the scale is going down, I am not too optimistic of this being permanent weight loss.  Probably just water weight fluctuating back and forth.   I hope to be around 4 or 5 next week, so see you then! If I can keep this pace up, I just might make my goal. *Fingers crossed!

WEEK 3 UPDATE!
I managed to squeak another pound off.  So I am 6lbs.  Doubt I will lose 6lbs in a week, but you never know. I will weigh on Thursday morning before I stuff myself silly. Whatever weight is left of this challenge plus another 5-7lbs will be my goal for Christmas.  I will just keep rolling the numbers until there aren't any numbers to roll. I'm pretty sure I have never actual met a weight/time goal in my life, so I would like to accomplish one.

FINAL UPDATE!
I managed to lose 6lbs of the 10 before Thanksgiving and I probable managed to gain that and then some back yesterday. :) I have been mindlessly munching on gluten free, dairy free, chocolate chip cookies.  Of course they came in a 4lb tub at costco, so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  I am going to make another 10b goal for Christmas time.  We have a busy time coming up, Anniversary, birthdays, Christmas, all perfect eating holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment