Monday, October 27, 2014

October Star Student

Here he is!





Wyatt received his award on Friday and it was awesome to be there to celebrate with him.  We found out how popular our boys are.  Wyatt has caught the attention of one of the identical twins in the other Kindergarten class. She kept calling his name across the room and giving him a thumbs up.  Then when he was called up to get his award, she kept waving and giving him a thumbs up.  While it was cute as heck, it totally melted my mommy heart.  They are only in Kindergarten and they make the girls swoon.  There is another girl in his class named Millie and she told Wyatt he was cute.  I absolutely love the innocence that comes from his stories of the events, "Mom, Millie said I was cute." As he scrunched his nose.  "Mom, that girl follows me around at recess."  Trevor has a 4th grader after him as well.  *sigh  I guess God is preparing me slowly for what is to come. 
It was so fun to watch them in their class.  All the kids flocked to them and when we brought Wyatt back to class to get his backpack and pick up Trevor, they all lit up and ran up to him.  "Hi, Wyatt!"  He was only gone for 5 minutes!  And as we left we had to go through all 25 kids and tell them bye.  It shocks me, I guess, because I was so shy in school.  The boys walk around the halls, waving at everyone, calling them by name.  I felt like I was in a movie about popular kids.  I honestly don't know where they got it from. Russ and I are both shy by nature.  Aurora is painfully shy as well, though she has blossomed more this year with a new teacher.  I hope they have that confidence and friendliness forever.
Wyatt has grown so much over the last year and has surprised Russ and I.  We decided to hold them back a year to let them mature, but I think we watered them and gave them too much sunshine!  Their teacher said they are reading at least a first grade level and she thinks we should consider putting them in 2nd grade next year, skipping 1st and putting them back on track.  I am not too sure.  One of the main reasons we did what we did was to give them confidence in school and make sure they weren't 17 when they graduated.  Giving them an extra year to figure life out.  So putting them in the 2nd grade would defeat the whole purpose of our plan. A plan, that is definitely working, I might add.
I am super proud of Wyatt and his accomplishments already this school year.  He is such a wonderful little man with the biggest heart.  He is always the first to hug me or tell me that I am beautiful.  He is such a sweetheart, which is another reason we need to watch him with girls! :)  Wyatt is a good friend to all, an awesome brother and when he wants to be is probably our best behaved kid.  Yup, I totally said it.  Way to go, Wyatt!  Mommy and Daddy are super proud of you and are honored to be your parents and watch you grow into an awesome young man.  Your future is bright, so you better wear shades! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment